Child dies after choking by electrical cord in NY

GREENLAWN, N.Y.—Police on New York’s Long Island are investigating the death of a 2-year-old girl who was choked by the electrical cord of an air conditioner.

Malana Ingram was rushed to a hospital where she was pronounced dead just before 1 p.m. Saturday.

Police say the child got entangled in the cord, which was attached to an air conditioner installed in a wall about 6 feet off the floor at her home in Greenlawn, about 35 miles east of New York City. She was found by a family member.

Both family members and police performed CPR on the child before she taken to the hospital.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply