I was having a conversation with a young girl recently and she pointed out that her parents are avid visitor to my website and she likes the article that I have on my website, but she was disappointed that she could not find anything to do with bullying and she and her friends would like to read my take and how to effectively deal with bullies.
So, Samantha this is for you and your friends this is the way that I see bullies and the best way to deal with them.
First, let me say bullies are cowards inside and in order to hide their cowardice they pick on individuals that they believe are weak. It does not take strength to be a bully, bullies are in my opinion weaklings who needs to portray hardness to hide their inability to communicate effectively with others so they put on a air of masochism in order to prey on others.
Bullying can happen to anyone at any age. Being bullied at school, home or online might involve someone pushing you, hitting you, teasing you, talking about you or calling you names. No one has the right to hurt you or make you feel bad, and if you are being bullied you don’t have to put up with it, you can talk to someone about it.
Bullies comes in all size and shape and they have no conscience as to the damage that they inflict to the self esteem of other and the more they are allowed to get away with their disgraceful behaviour the more they continue to disrupt the lives of other. Most bullies that are around the first time that someone stand up against them they usually shrink into their shells or run away. One must realise that a bully will hone they way they terrorise other and one of the way that they do so is by threats, they will say things like ‘if you tell anybody I am going to beat you up’ or they are going to hurt members of your family.
The person who is being bullied do not want any harm to come to them are they family so they tend to keep quiet and suffer in silence. Well in my opinion that is wrong and too many people have either lost their lives or have been made by bullies to go through emotional, physical, and tremendous stress and it is time we deal with bullies, so I suggest if you are school age individual that is being bullied here are some tips:
- The minute someone start to bully you inform your teacher and your parents
- Do not give into the threats they make
- Do not suffer in silence
- If they ask you to do something that is illegal, tell an adult
- If they threaten you with bodily arm inform the police
- Do not let them tell you that whatever they ask you to do is one off, it never is and thats the way they trap you
- Do not tackle bullies on your own always make sure an adult knows exactly what is going on
- Watch this YouTube video.
- Do not let bullies get the better of you
- Remember you can either stop bullying or sit back and let them get away with it