Joint Toronto police, OPP and international agencies launched sex assault and child porn probe into cases going back to 1969.
A Toronto senior faces a series of sex crime charges after police recovered “sexually explicit” pictures of dozens of children and teens taken at nudist camps around the world.
Investigators with the Toronto police child exploitation unit worked with OPP, the National Child Exploitation Coordination Centre, Interpol and police in the Netherlands tracing incidents involving victims between the age of 10 and 18.
They found that between 1969 and 1985 a man had photographed more than 40 boys and had sexual involvement with many of them, as some images showed, at nudist organizations in Canada, the U.K., the U.S., Holland, Italy, Germany, the former Yugoslavia, The Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
Toronto police were issued a warrant to search a downtown apartment Wednesday where they found photos of young male victims in explicit poses at locations he had been affiliated with in those countries.
They said their suspect had also travelled to Britain several times since the mid-80s.
“We believe very strongly there may be more victims” said Det. Const. Joel Manherz.
For this reason police have released a photograph of their suspect as he appears now and how he looked years earlier.
Julian Mardon, 75, has been charged with buggery, mailing obscene matter, possessing child pornography, making child pornography and two counts each of indecent assault on a male and gross indecency and three counts of making or possessing obscene material.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Toronto police child exploitation unit at 416-808-8500, or anonymously at Crime Stoppers 416-222-TIPS.