The importance of foreplay
When it comes to lovemaking, a number of men tend to worry about the size of their penis rather than how they should please their women.
As a result, many women are foreplay-starved and, therefore, end up with a boring sex life lacking in orgasms.
While impromptu sexual encounters without foreplay can sometimes be some of the best sexual experiences, most women will agree that good sexual intercourse begins with good foreplay, which increases the pleasure for both partners.
Why is foreplay so important?
* In women, it helps stimulate the process that leads to erection of the clitoris, raising of the cervix (elongation of the vaginal canal), and the production of vaginal lubrication, allowing penetration to take place comfortably and effectively.
* When a woman becomes sexually aroused as a result of foreplay, the blood flow to the genital area is increased, causing the engorgement of the genital tissue (the clitoris and labia). The vaginal walls dilates and also, the vagina becomes elongated.
* The right foreplay techniques can result in the woman having multiple orgasms, either before or during sexual intercourse as against not having one at all even after 20 minutes of pure sex.
* Foreplay mentally arouses a woman, making her more comfortable to indulge in intercourse with her partner.
* Foreplay makes you know just what your partner likes and ways in which you can please her.
* As couples age, both partners will need a little extra spice to get fully aroused in order to achieve maximum pleasure. The man will need to prolong foreplay to get an erection and the woman will need the same to become properly lubricated.
Some sex experts agree that there is no such thing as spending too much time on foreplay. The trick is to start intercourse when both partners are peaking with excitement and are having a hard time controlling their desires.
While it may appear that focus is only being placed on the men to indulge in foreplay, it is believed that once the woman is properly taken care of, she will in turn reciprocate his actions in getting him aroused.
How foreplay is performed
Foreplay encompasses a wide range of activities, including hugging, fondling, undressing, kissing, petting, and oral sex. But experts believe that good foreplay begins with the mind. Here are five simple steps to get you going.
1. Connect with her.
Contrary to what many believe, nothing is more important to a woman than having a man connect with her emotionally before lovemaking. This connection can be as simple as asking her how her day was — and really listening to her response, or telling her how much you missed her. Just be honest about what you say.
2. Make her feel special.
Get personal with her; tell her things about yourself that you wouldn’t normally talk about. This will make her feel appreciated and special and is in itself a definite turn on.
3. Be physical.
Without doing it in a sexual way, hold her hand, rub her shoulders, squeeze her leg — do anything to simply make contact. A lot can be said through physical contact and this, too, helps to build the connection.
4. Kiss her gently.
Despite what many men believe, women do not always like to have a lot of tongue action right away. Start with soft kisses and pay attention to how she reacts. If she is into it then you can progress with a bit more passion. A great trick is to mimic her kissing style, as it’s surely a sign of what she likes.
5. Heavy Petting.
Allow yourself time to kiss, then work your way into the heavy petting. This can be deep kissing, nibbling at her breast, rubbing her clitoris, or even oral sex. How long the heavy petting continues will depend on how hot and bothered you both get. But let it be said that the longer and slower you go, the more experienced you’ll seem, and the more into it she’ll be.