Family of six killed by gases from faulty spa

GERMAN investigators today found the mysterious deaths of a family of six in Berlin were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty spa.

Investigators told the German newspaper Bild that autopsies of the victims had found the two adults and four children died by accident.

The mother and her four children were found lying in their beds in their Berlin home yesterday afternoon, after the children’s father became worried about their welfare.

The mother’s partner was found dead sitting at a table.

Investigators said today that they believed carbon monoxide had spread from a defective spa in the home, killing the family as they slept.